TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS and visas
South Africa is open and it’s business as usual for film industry travellers and tourists from all countries. Read our walkthrough covering visas and COVID requirements.
No quarantine is required unless you fail to produce a negative test or show symptoms on arrival – see below.
NEW COVID REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL TRAVELLERS
- A certified, negative PCR Covid test, dated no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of travel insurance with proven cover for personal Covid expenses (medical expenses, quarantine etc).
- All passengers will be screened upon arrival in South Africa. Provided you show no symptoms and have presented a negative PCR Covid test, then you will be permitted to proceed into arrivals. No quarantine required.
- Anyone showing any possible Covid symptoms will be required to go into mandatory self-isolation (at their own accommodation) until they test negative. Moonlighting will assist you at all times in this.
- All travellers must download the Covid App on arrival purely for any track and trace requirements. We will send you the details.
VISA REQUIREMENTS ARE THE SAME AS USUAL
Nationals of a visa-exempt country: if you are categorised as “Oversight” (this includes producers, directors, DPs, agency and clients), then you will need to present an Oversight Visa Authority letter to immigration upon arrival, as usual. No need to visit the Embassy. As your service company, we will provide this Letter of Authority for you.
Travellers from non-visa exempt countries and any crew categorised as “specialist” (including talent) will need to apply to their nearest South African Embassy in person for a visa, as before.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about any of the requirements. Beccy is your go-to person for this and she will walk you through every step of the process. Reach her at email@example.com
Feel free to get in touch any time if you’ve got questions or want us to quote on a board. We’re #reloaded.