TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS and visas
No quarantine is required unless you fail to produce a negative test or show symptoms on arrival – see below.
NEW COVID REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL TRAVELLERS: the following must be presented on arrival in addition to the standard documents (see below):
- A certified, negative PCR Covid test, dated no more than 72 hours before departure.
- Permission to travel for anyone departing from a high-risk country (the South African government are categorising countries as low, medium and high risk; this list will be updated every 2 weeks). As your service company, Moonlighting will get this letter of permission for you.
- Proof of accommodation.
- Proof of travel insurance with proven cover for personal Covid expenses (medical expenses, quarantine etc). If your insurance company is unable to provide this, Moonlighting will be able to help at an extra per-day cost.
- All passengers will be screened upon arrival in South Africa. Provided you show no symptoms and have presented a negative PCR Covid test, then you will be permitted to proceed into arrivals. No quarantine required.
- Anyone showing any possible Covid symptoms will be required to go into mandatory self-isolation (at their own accommodation) until they test negative. Moonlighting will assist you at all times in this.
- All travellers must download the Covid App on arrival purely for any track and trace requirements. We will send you the details.
Nationals of a visa-exempt country: if you are categorised as “Oversight” (this includes producers, directors, DPs, agency and clients), then you will need to present an Oversight Visa Authority letter to immigration upon arrival, as usual. No need to visit the Embassy. As your service company, we will provide this Letter of Authority for you.
Travellers from non-visa exempt countries and any crew categorised as “specialist” (including talent) will need to apply to their nearest South African Embassy in person for a visa, as before.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns or questions about any of the requirements. Beccy is your go-to person for this and she will walk you through every step of the process.